Benefits of Taking a full-length digital SAT Practice Test
You may be wondering if the digital SAT® is right for you, or if it's even still an essential step in college prep and planning. Your score could make you eligible for scholarships, confirm your grades, and get you into your dream school (even if it's test-optional).
Taking a full-length practice test is a great way to see for yourself what it's like and decide if you want to register for the digital SAT. If you've already registered, we recommend setting aside time to take a full-length practice test about 2 weeks before your test date. This will give you a greater chance of reaching your target score with confidence.
If this is your first time taking the digital SAT, there's even more reason to take a full-length practice test. You'll understand what's changing and what's staying the same and you'll get to try out the tools and features you'll use on test day. Download Bluebook™ and navigate to Practice and Prepare on the homepage to find 2 ways to practice:
- Test Preview: This short set of questions lets you experience digital testing and try out the tools. You won't receive scores or any feedback on your answers.
- Full-Length Practice: Bluebook also lets you take full-length practice tests in the app. These tests are timed like a real SAT. After you complete a full-length practice test in Bluebook, your scores will be available in My Practice.
By taking a practice test and dedicating your time to topics that you haven’t yet mastered, you’ll learn faster and avoid wasting time on subjects that you already know. Some students report seeing score increases that range from 90–200 points by practicing for the SAT.
Even if you’re using other resources for SAT prep or aren't sure when you’ll take the SAT, there are some advantages to using official practice tests created by us. Official practice tests help you:
- Get familiar with the length, format and experience of the test.
- Understand the types of questions used on the test.
- Know your strengths and areas for improvement .
- Practice without pressure.
- Reduce stress and anxiety on test day.
If you're taking the SAT in the United States, Puerto Rico, or the Virgin Islands in 2023, you'll still take the SAT on paper. You can download free practice tests and then use the scoring guide and answer explanations provided to check your answers. About 2 weeks before test day, take a full-length test while watching this on-demand video so you'll experience what it will be like on test day.
Official SAT Practice Resources
Take the guesswork out of which online resources are official SAT sources or not. There is no charge for printable or online SAT prep and practice resources.
U.S. and U.S. Territories (paper and pencil):
- Downloadable Full-Length Practice Tests
- Official SAT Practice on Khan Academy®
- The SAT Student Guide